Friday 9 January 2015

My Album Cover Compared to Others

There were two album cover i looked at when trying to get an idea for my own one as well as use it as inspiration and get a better idea of what it should look like. I used Sam Smith "In The Lonely Hour" and Olly Murs "Never Been Better".

This is the album cover I created,  I tried to go for a similar style as the Sam Smith album cover but keep it looking basic but good like the Olly Murs one. I think it looks alright, this was the best image I had of the main actor (Charlie Mossman) looking like he was deep in thought. 
















Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour
I chose this album cover to help get a better idea of an soul, indie pop artist as for the group work we did one of his songs "Stay With Me" so it made sense to look at his album cover and it did help when creating and getting an idea for creating my own album cover. This album cover gave me the most inspiration as it look like he is deep in thought and the music style of his fits perfectly with the album cover of like a soulful, emotion song type. I tried to go for a similar style with my album cover of a deep in thought looking main actor



Olly Murs - Never Been Better
I used this cover as inspiration due to how basic and simplistic it is but it still looks professional and good. I tried to make my album cover look basic as well as the Olly Murs but keep it professional which I don't think I did as well maybe if I had a better image then it would look better. I think i should of used a similar style of text layout with it being both behind and in front of the artist in the cover but have the deep in thought look that the Sam Smith cover gives.








1 comment:

  1. Good to see comparisons on solo artists here Ant.
    Reflective observations on each cover.

    Mrs McD-H

    ReplyDelete